Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
The primary responsibilities of the Human Resources Department includes managing and coordinating the hiring/employment process, including recruitment, interviewing, resignations and terminations, orientation of new hires, substitutes and background checks; as well as managing benefits and compensation, employee relations, and reviewing, analyzing and evaluating job descriptions and salary schedules.
The Human Resources Department is located in the Room 102 of the Annie C. Merts Building at 200 White Street, Huntsville, Alabama, 35801.
Human Resources Director
Micah S. Fisher, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
How to Apply for Huntsville City School Positions
- Select the link, “ALSDE Job Board” below to be redirected to a listing of the current openings for Huntsville City Schools.
- Select the header “Job Title” to sort the listings alphabetically.
- To the right of the position you wish to apply to, select “View”. This will take you to the listing for that particular position.
- At the bottom of the page, select “Login and Apply”.
- If you do not have an account, please select “Create Account”.
- If you have an account, please enter your User Name and Password and select “Login”.
- If you are a current HCS employee, please enter your User name and Password for your Transfer Application and select “Login”.
- Please read the Disclaimer and make your selection at the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to the View Jobs Form for the position you selected. To apply, please select “Apply for this job” in the top right corner of the page.
- You will see the following message in red in the top right corner, “ You have successfully applied for this job”.
- The application process is complete.
- If you are a applying to a position that requires certification as a teacher, please select “Certified” as your applicant type.
- If you are not applying to a position that requires certification as a teacher, please select “Classified” as your applicant type.
- If you are applying for a leadership position, please select “Administrative” in addition to “Certified” and/or “Classified” as your applicant type.
- If you are applying to a substitute teaching position, please select “Classified” as your applicant type. DO NOT SELECT CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE.
- Please make sure you POST your application when completed. If you keep your application PRIVATE, you will not appear as an applicant.
If you require access to a computer with an internet connection, you may visit the Human Resources Department:
200 White Street
Huntsville, AL 35801
Room 102 or any of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Libraries.
Huntsville City Schools utilizes contracted staffing services from the vendor below to support our schools in the areas of CNP (Child Nutrition Program), Custodial, Instructional Assistants, and Security. Interested candidates may contact Spur Staffing directly to inquire about current staffing needs.
Huntsville City Schools contracts with Apple Bus Company to provide Bus Drivers, Monitors and Bus Mechanics. Interested individuals may apply directly with Apple Bus.
Volunteer Background Check Information
We're Working to Keep Our Schools Safe
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Keeping our students, faculty and staff safe is a top priority. To help ensure this safety, background screens for volunteers are a necessity. We have contracted with BIB to conduct high quality background checks on our potential volunteers using their Secure Volunteer technology. If you have been selected as a non-supplemented volunteer coach or if your volunteer position has been designated as requiring a background check by the school administrator, please click the link below to start the process.
Dear New Employee:
Congratulations! We are excited that you will be joining the Huntsville City Schools team. As part of this process, please review the following items which require your attention.
- State Ethics Training
- All employees who earn $81,000 or more annually are required to complete the Statement of Economic Interest Form. Also, every full-time employee serving as a supervisor must file a Statement of Economic Interest Form. Employees have 90 days to comply with this subsection. Training is provided through the ethics website at www.ethics.alabama.gov. Upon completion of watching the 55 minute training video, you will be allowed to print out a Certificate of Completion with your name and agency that is date/time stamped automatically. You are required to provide a copy of this certificate to Human Resources, Room 103, to be placed in your file for verification for the Alabama Department of Examiners of Public Accounts. The Ethics Commission will be notified electronically that the training has been completed.
- New Employee Forms
- You will receive new hire forms via SearchSoft.
- Please check your email and complete all the documents in your profile. If you have not received your new hire forms please contact HR (256) 428-6839.
- Background Check
- You must have a cleared background check before you can start working with Huntsville City Schools. If you have questions please contact HR (256) 428-6839.
- You will be scheduled for an orientation session within 30 days of your start date with Huntsville City Schools. If are concerned that you have not been contacted, please contact the Human Resources Department to inquire about the next orientation session. Benefits and policies will be covered during this session and you will be responsible for ensuring that if you miss a scheduled orientation session that you contact Human Resources to make alternate arrangements.
- Please bring the following items with you to orientation:
- Ethics Training Certificate, if applicable
- Appropriate, original identification document(s) necessary to complete your I-9 (if not already submitted to Human Resources)
- In addition, teachers or administrators should bring the following:
- Official Transcripts
*The Huntsville City Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in programs, activities, or employment.*