Huntsville City Schools Dual Enrollment and Early Start Program
The Dual Enrollment program for Huntsville City Schools allows students to receive both high school and college credit for certain academic or career technical education courses. Eligible courses can be taken through an Alabama Community College System (ACCS) institution while enrolled in high school for the purpose of earning credits for a high school diploma and/or a postsecondary degree.
Based on state eligibility guidelines and the joint consent order with the Department of Justice, Huntsville City Schools has developed criteria for students wanting to participate in the Dual Enrollment program.
- The student has and maintains a 2.5 GPA in completed high school courses;
- The postsecondary level course is a course not offered at the high school;
- The student is a current 10th, 11th, or 12th grader;
- The student has met with his or her HIgh School Counselor and the College Sual Enrollment Advisor.
Please see your HIgh School Counselor if you are interested in learning more about our College Dual Enrollment/Early Start programs. You may also contact Leah Edgecombe by phone (256) 428-6987 or email at Leah.Edgecombe@hsv-k12.org for additional information.
Additional Dual Enrollment Information:
- Huntsville City Schools forms to be completed each semester: Please retrieve documents from your High School Counselor.
- J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College Dual Enrollment Forms
- Calhoun Community College Dual Enrollment
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville Dual Enrollment Information